Currently we are looking for volunteers to help with either the administrative portions of the run and/or the actual run itself. Here is a list of some of the tasks needed completion.
- call back networks/sponsors/agents to verify they’ve received the media kits
- email pdf and overnight media kits
- assemble media kits
- brainstorm meetings to decide on details during the actual run (creative minds)
- merchandise person to help sell shirts during run
- runners to run along side various miles of the run (only in the larger towns: Dallas, Corsicana, Hunstville, Woodlands, Houston, etc.) – acting as crowd control, relaying messages to me.
- Proof editiors to proof read all documents/emails /this blog before they are sent out.
- Organize opening and closing ceremonies of the run (paid position) .
- Photography: need more head shots and promo shots of me running.
- Video. Need to make a video to send to media
- Financial organizer: records all receipts and incoming sponsorship monies.
I am sure there are more spots needed to fill, but this is all I can think of without having had a brainstorming session with Elizabeth (media relations/event coordinator). If you feel like you have a talent you can offer or would like to volunteer whatever time you can to the above mentioned positions, please respond to me at email@example.com. Let me know your name, the position you would like to help with, and your number.
Thank you all so much in advance for helping out with this cause. I cant wait to see what the next five months is going to look like! Its gonna rock HARD CORE!